This program is designed to ensure students have support in translating the knowledge they learn in class to practice with real clients! In the fall, spring, and summer semesters, students will participate in a practicum course in which they will provide ABA services to clients in the Greater Waco community. Under the supervision of Baylor ABA program faculty and staff, students flourish as practitioners.
Baylor Clinic for Assessment, Research, and Education (CARE) is a university-affiliated ABA clinic that provides behavior analytic services to children from the Greater Waco community at a low or no cost to families. The purpose of Baylor CARE is two-fold:
Provide Baylor students the opportunity to practice newly acquired skills with the support and guidance of program faculty.
Provide Waco-area children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities access to low- or no-cost ABA services.
During the three practicum experiences at Baylor CARE, students will have the opportunity to do all the following, and more:
- Conduct intake interviews with caregivers.
- Develop behavior analytic programs for clients.
- Implement behavior analytic programs with clients.
- Collect data to measure client’s progress.
- Serve as the lead therapist on a therapy team.
- Develop client progress reports.
- Train others to implement behavior analytic programs.